Estate Agents Co-operative Ltd (ABN 52 079 055 637) (Estate Agents Co-operative
or We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal
that we collect through the following channels (here and after, the Collection Channels):
- our online properties (here and after, each a "Website"), including:
- our websites, including, but not limited to http://www.eac.com.au/ and http://www.realestateworld.com.au/;
- any related Estate Agents Co-operative or client website, social media page, internal
website, intranet and any Estate Agents Co-operative or client mobile or tablet
- personal information provided to us by our clients and customers and personal information
collected by us on behalf of our clients and customers as a result of the provision
of professional services to our clients and; and
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to Estate
Agents Co-operative and its clients, including either physically or electronically.
or your personal information by contacting Estate Agents Co-operative's privacy
officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone: 1300 137 161.
Personal information is important to Estate Agents Co-operative
- Estate Agents Co-operative is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises
that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and
used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously.
Unless given consent to do otherwise, Estate Agents Co-operative will only collect
and use personal information as set out below.
information which identifies you as an individual or which renders you reasonably
identifiable. Your full name, gender, date of birth, home address, home telephone
number, mobile telephone number, email address and workplace contact details are
examples of information which may constitute personal information. Personal information
may also include information we may collect about your individual preferences.
respect to personal information to reflect world best practice on privacy policies.
These principles meet and exceed the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
(as amended) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles.
- In order to keep up with changing legislation and best practice, we may revise this
and additional privacy and consent provisions that apply to certain Collection Channels.
Because those specific and additional provisions also relate to your privacy protection,
we recommend that you review them wherever they appear. In the event of any inconsistency
provisions, the specific and additional provisions will prevail.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous
basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will seek information in
this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information
is collected, we will seek the information identified below.
Kinds of Personal Information that Estate Agents Co-operative Collects and Holds
- Personal information that may be requested or collected by us includes:
- contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile
telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode;
- more detailed contact preferences;
- information regarding your family/next of kin;
- your driver's licence, motor vehicle registration information and other vehicle
- your tax file number, superannuation membership details, bank details and other
- your passport details;
- information regarding your personal and professional interests and your networks;
- information about your employment history and future plans, and documents relating
to your current employment and position;
- information about your education and qualifications;
- complaint details;
- information about your experience with our products or services or third party products
or services listed on a Website. This information is requested in order to tailor
our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- your credit card details (where you purchase any products or services from us);
- the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about
other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to
be given to Estate Agents Co-operative and used for the purposes set out in this
policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes);
- any other personal information which you directly provide to Estate Agents Co-operative.
Where you provide us with such unsolicited personal information, we will retain
this information where it falls within our primary purposes for collection of personal
- any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
- We will only collect sensitive information with your consent, including where information
is voluntarily provided by you. Where you provide us with any sensitive information
(including, but not limited to, information about your medical history) we will
only use this information for the purposes stated on the Collection Channel.
How Estate Agents Co-operative Collects and Holds Personal Information
- Estate Agents Co-operative will only collect or monitor any personal information
is otherwise lawful to do so. The only personal information collected by us is what
to us lawfully by third parties, including our clients and customers.
Active Information Collection
- Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels
coming into effect, either directly from you personally or via a third party, including
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel, or provide
your details to us or our clients via any Collection Channel;
- purchase a product or make a booking via a Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request
launch or event information or information about our products or services or other
information services as well as third party products or services;
- complete and submit any forms or surveys to us or our clients, either physically
- conspicuously publish or provide on request your personal information to Estate
Agents Co-operative or our clients;
- contact us or our clients directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone,
social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS
(Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the
contact details listed on a Website;
- participate in any competitions, offers, promotions or marketing activities;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose; or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
- Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with certain
content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services
(including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase
transactions undertaken on a Website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic
newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also
to advise you of other Estate Agents Co-operative or third party products, services,
offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to
provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in Estate Agents
Co-operative or its clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain
content, products or services (including payment of wages, invoicing, debt recovery
and purchase transactions), products or services information, upcoming promotion,
competition, offer or event information or accept competition entries (where applicable).
- We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources
including list brokers, referral agents, our clients and other data providers or
organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have
given permission for them to do so.
- Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by Estate
Agents Co-operative to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a
parent or legal guardian. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our Websites
with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
- As with many commercial websites, Estate Agents Co-operative and its clients may
also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example,
we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which
pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not
linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links
in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or
user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent
and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information
where it is personal information.
- As you navigate through our Websites, certain information can be passively collected
(that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various
technologies, such as Unique Device Identifiers (UDI), cookies, Internet tags or
web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream).
In certain circumstances, this information may be considered anonymous information
or personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This is dependent on the
device used and the method by which an individual connects to the Internet. Your
Internet browser automatically transmits to the Website you are browsing some of
this anonymous information or personal information, such as the URL of the website
you just came from, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the UDI (if applicable)
and the browser version your device is currently using. Our Websites may also collect
anonymous information or personal information from your device through cookies and
Internet tags or web beacons. You may set your browser to notify you when a cookie
not work without cookies and this may limit the services provided by a Website.
Cookies and other technical methods may involve the transmission of information
either directly to us or to another party authorised by us to collect information
on our behalf.
- Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information
or personal information from various third party sources, including as described
in paragraph 15, to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise
a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends,
and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your
visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies
with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand
and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and
services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent
to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
- For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/.
Purposes for which Estate Agents Co-operative collects, holds, uses and discloses
- Personal information collected will be collected, used and/or disclosed for the
following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection
- To maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information
to you relating to the content available on the Website and e-commerce transactions
conducted via the Website.
and/or any other contract between you and Estate Agents Co-operative or you and
one of our clients.
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites
and services generally.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access
to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on
a Website), content, services and products, to provide direct marketing materials,
events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium
including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message
Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or
any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to Estate Agents Co-operative (including after sales
services and enquiries).
- To undertake recruitment for Estate Agents Co-operative.
- To manage your employment with Estate Agents Co-operative (if applicable).
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters)
via commercial electronic messages.
- To respond to customer enquiries.
- To improve Website and system administration.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other
research and development.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research.
- To share personal information with Estate Agents Co-operative group companies, our
promotional partners and other trusted third parties in the manner described below.
- To collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as stated above, for the
purpose of providing professional services to our clients and customers.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with Estate
Agents Co-operative group companies, Estate Agents Co-operative promotional partners,
Estate Agents Co-operative clients and customers and other trusted third parties
(and their directors, servants and agents) in Australia. Failure to provide personal
information may result in Estate Agents Co-operative or its clients being unable
to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product
information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service (including, for example, processing
of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with Estate Agents
Co-operative group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third
parties in Australia. Estate Agents Co-operative group companies, selected service
providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by Estate Agents Co-operative
to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, processing credit card
payments, fulfilling orders, payroll management, conducting market research, assisting
with promotions and surveys, and providing technical services for our Websites.
These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such
functions. Your credit card details are only used to facilitate your booking and/or
purchase. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to
a third party.
- Estate Agents Co-operative recognises the trust with which you provide personal
not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent. However, Estate
Agents Co-operative reserves the right to use or disclose any information, including
personal information, as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request,
to protect the rights or property of Estate Agents Co-operative, any member of Estate
Agents Co-operative group, or any member of the public, to protect the integrity
of a Website, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation
or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
Contact by Estate Agents Co-operative
- Estate Agents Co-operative group companies (and their directors, servants and agents),
Estate Agents Co-operative promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other
selected service providers and other non-Estate Agents Co-operative companies or
professionals) in Australia, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service),
MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other
form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using
the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes
for collection of personal information as stated above.
- Estate Agents Co-operative does not send advertising or marketing information without
or unless otherwise lawful to do so. If you receive communications from Estate Agents
Co-operative which you do not wish to receive, you may remove your name from the
database either by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility (if the communication
is via commercial electronic message) or by contacting Estate Agents Co-operative
via email: email@example.com
or telephone: 1300 137 161. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and
marketing information, Estate Agents Co-operative may send you non-commercial "Administrative
Emails". Administrative Emails relate to a Estate Agents Co-operative user account
and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries
or information about a particular Estate Agents Co-operative user account. If you
do not wish to receive such communications from Estate Agents Co-operative, you
may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Your right of access
- You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded
on a Estate Agents Co-operative database. Information may be reviewed by contacting
Estate Agents Co-operative's privacy officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone: 1300 137 161. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact
from us changed, by contacting Estate Agents Co-operative's privacy officer via
or telephone: 1300 137 161. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable
steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal
reasons. Deletion of information may result in Estate Agents Co-operative or its
clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain
transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website,
and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, product information
or services, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide
certain content, goods or services (including payment of wages, invoicing and debt
- We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of
any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance
with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
- Estate Agents Co-operative will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure
any personal information recorded (including your credit card details), and to keep
this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is
stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service
may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage
providers. Websites are PCI-DSS approved (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
- Estate Agents Co-operative employees, data processors and other trusted third parties
are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Estate
Agents Co-operative. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot
be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure
at all times cannot be given. Estate Agents Co-operative will not be held responsible
for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Estate Agents Co-operative and links to other websites
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations
which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement
or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are
responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites
for their respective privacy statements. Estate Agents Co-operative is not responsible,
nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
- We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising,
if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations
or endorsements by Estate Agents Co-operative or any of its affiliates. Estate Agents
Co-operative is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any
third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements
to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the
campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Related Estate Agents Co-operative Websites
- All Websites operated by Estate Agents Co-operative will adhere to this Privacy
Policy. The policies on the Websites of some members of Estate Agents Co-operative
group may vary, however, because of local customs, practices or laws.
Sale of the Company
- If Estate Agents Co-operative merges with, or is acquired by, another company, or
sells all or a portion of its assets, your personal information may be disclosed
to our advisers and any prospective purchaser's adviser, and may be among the assets
transferred. However, personal information will always remain subject to this Privacy
Problems or queries
about how we have collected, used, stored, handled and/or disclosed your personal
information, please contact our privacy officer via one of the following channels:
Address: 2A, 175 James Ruse Drive
Rosehill NSW 2142
Telephone: 1300 137 161
Fax: 1300 789 675
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory
response from Estate Agents Co-operative to your query, problem or complaint within
30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian
Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.